Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

theelloyd
Frequent Visitor

Restrict 'Publish to Web' Functionality?

Is it possible to Restrict the 'Publish to Web' functionality in the O365 admin controls? I know you cannot publish live/On-prem connections to the web, but is there another way to control this? Being able to 'Publish to Web' is a frightening possibility for large Enterprise users.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@theelloyd Yes. There are admin level controls that restrict that. You can gain access to the Admin Portal if you are either a tenant admin or O365 admin and have a Pro license.

The feature shows up in Power BI under settings (the gear) and allows you to control the following things at the moment.

controls.JPG

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

@theelloyd Yes. There are admin level controls that restrict that. You can gain access to the Admin Portal if you are either a tenant admin or O365 admin and have a Pro license.

The feature shows up in Power BI under settings (the gear) and allows you to control the following things at the moment.

controls.JPG

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Is it possible to restrict the 'publish to web' option on a per user basis?

We would like to grant a select group of people this right, but disable it for everyone else...

Thanks @Seth_C_Bauer!!! I can sleep easy now.

Wow this question freaked me out - Never thought about this - I was just about to log in and start looking,

Thanks @Seth_C_Bauer

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.