Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Noyer
Helper I
Helper I

Restrict Chart Data using Calculate

Hi All

I've got a table of sales data stored by week and I want to show this on a line chart.  Sales update overnight and I only want to show on the chart sales up to the last complete week.  I can't seem to get it to stop pulling the partial week sales through.  I currently have this measure:

1. Chart sales =
2.  calculate(sum(Sales_Table[Sales]),
3.  all('Current Week'[Current Week]), all('Master Fiscal Calendar'[Fiscal Week]),
4.  filter(all('Master Fiscal Calendar'[Numerical Fiscal Week]), 'Master Fiscal Calendar'[Numerical Fiscal Week] <=
5.  ( lookupvalue('Master Fiscal Calendar (2)'[Numerical Fiscal Week 2], 'Master Fiscal Calendar (2)'[Fiscal Week], SELECTEDVALUE('Master Fiscal Calendar'[Fiscal Week]) )
6. ))
7. )

Line 3 is just clearing some other filters I have on the page.  Line 4 I think clears the filters I have on tyhe numerical fical week field and then looks for values <= Line 5.  All of this I think I understand, except Line 5 doesn't work.

Line 5 should be taking the selected value from the current 'Master Fiscal Calendar'[Fiscal Week] selection which is text, using that to look up to the column in the calendar table (again stored as text) and returning the week number but stored as a number this time, not as text.

The result of the selected value formula is text, and the lookup is definitelty returning a number.  If I swap out the selected value for a hard typed "202047" (so text) then I get the behavour I want.  Similarly, if I swap out the lookup for 202047 (hard typed as a number) I also get the behavoiur that I want.  I'm just at a bit of a loss as to why I can't get this to work..

Am I missing something obvious?  Or is there a better way?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi

Glad to hear it is sloved.

Others could learn from this thread.

Best Regards

Maggie

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi

Glad to hear it is sloved.

Others could learn from this thread.

Best Regards

Maggie

Noyer
Helper I
Helper I

Resolved - I wasn't sure whether to delete the original post but I've just circumvented the issuse by creating another table that just has a calculated 'max week' in it.  I think the issue with the original way was something to do with trying to do a lookupvalue on a field that was to be filtered.  Either way, no response needed 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.