Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

aukev
Helper III
Helper III

Rest API call where id is fetched from previous API Call

Hi,

I have an api call that looks like this

let
    url = "https://xx.com/magento-api/rest/customers?order=entity_id&dir=dsc",
    Source = Json.Document(Web.Contents(url, [Headers=[Authorization="OAuth oauth_consumer_key=""xx"", oauth_token=""xx"", oauth_signature_method=""PLAINTEXT"", oauth_timestamp=""xx"", oauth_nonce=""2NuM9DBGZHb"", oauth_token_secret=""accessTokenSecret"", oauth_version=""1.0"", oauth_signature=""xx"""]])),
    #"Converted to Table" = Record.ToTable(Source),
    #"Expanded Value" = Table.ExpandRecordColumn(#"Converted to Table", "Value", {"entity_id", "email", "created_at", "disable_auto_group_change"}, {"Value.entity_id", "Value.email", "Value.created_at", "Value.disable_auto_group_change"})

in
    #"Expanded Value"

The result of this will be 10000s of rows.

Now if I want to add address and phone number data to this table. For this I`d need to run a new API call. Like this:

http://xx/magento-api/rest/customers/{entity_id} where entity id is the same as identity id in the code above.

What's the most optimal way to do this? I currently found a solution where I add a new column where I call the api again like this: customers/['entity_id']/addresses . This works but I`m not sure if this is the most optimal solution.

If more optimal performance wise then I would consider loading the address data in a new table.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @aukev ,

From your description, it seems that the url which you want to run a new API call is the same with the url in your first API call.

I'm afraid that you just refresh the data source and then you will get the new feild in your data source.

If you want to add the new column address, you could back to the step #"Expanded Value" and modify the formula like below.

#"Expanded Value" = 
Table.ExpandRecordColumn(#"Converted to Table", "Value", {"entity_id", "email", "created_at", "disable_auto_group_change","adress"}, 
{"Value.entity_id", "Value.email", "Value.created_at", "Value.disable_auto_group_change","Value.adress"})

In addition, you could extract the two list outside and then you could manage them in the two list.

extract list.PNG

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @aukev ,

From your description, it seems that the url which you want to run a new API call is the same with the url in your first API call.

I'm afraid that you just refresh the data source and then you will get the new feild in your data source.

If you want to add the new column address, you could back to the step #"Expanded Value" and modify the formula like below.

#"Expanded Value" = 
Table.ExpandRecordColumn(#"Converted to Table", "Value", {"entity_id", "email", "created_at", "disable_auto_group_change","adress"}, 
{"Value.entity_id", "Value.email", "Value.created_at", "Value.disable_auto_group_change","Value.adress"})

In addition, you could extract the two list outside and then you could manage them in the two list.

extract list.PNG

Best Regards,

Cherry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

That worked, thanks.

Hi aukev ,

You're welcome!Smiley Wink

Best Regards,

Cherry

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.