Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Paull
Frequent Visitor

Rest API _ Json _ several pages _ automatically call the next_page_URL

Hi Everyone,

I am a newbie on powerBi and would need your help to figure out how to automate a rest-API call with a Json response having several pages.
The initial URL is the following:
https://api.higring.com/v2/reporting/get?period=custom_date&start_date=2017-01-01&end_date=2017-07-2... &group_by=date,platform,custom_1,custom_2, type,ad_format,connection,country&filter[]=network:network1

I get the following response:

capture reponse.JPG

The idea would be to automatically call the “next_page_url” until there is no “next_page_url”.
Any thoughts on how I can process this ?

Thanks a lot

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
ImkeF
Super User
Super User

This video will show you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhr4w5G8bRA&t=6s

Imke Feldmann (The BIccountant)

If you liked my solution, please give it a thumbs up. And if I did answer your question, please mark this post as a solution. Thanks!

How to integrate M-code into your solution -- How to get your questions answered quickly -- How to provide sample data -- Check out more PBI- learning resources here -- Performance Tipps for M-queries

View solution in original post

Paull
Frequent Visitor

Hi ImkeF,

Thanks a lot for your reply. It helps a lot.
I generate a script that do pretty much the same than the video. 
It looks like this:

let
 Source = Json.Document(Web.Contents(url, [Headers=[Authorization="your token"]])),
 iterations = Source[total_pages],          // get the information within the response
 url = "you URL", // here goes your URL

FnGetOnePage =
  (url) as record =>
   let
    Source = Json.Document(Web.Contents(url, [Headers=[Authorization="yourtoken"]])),
    data = try Source[connections] otherwise null, //get the data of the first page
    next = try Source[next_page_url] otherwise null, // the script ask if there is another page
    res = [Data=data, Next=next]
   in
    res,

GeneratedList =
  List.Generate(
   ()=>[i=0, res = FnGetOnePage(url)],
   each [i]<iterations and [res][Data]<>null,
   each [i=[i]+1, res = FnGetOnePage([res][Next])],
   each [res][Data]),
  #"Converti en table" = Table.FromList(GeneratedList, Splitter.SplitByNothing(), null, null, ExtraValues.Error)
in
  #"Converti en table"

It works perfectly.

Have a good day,

Paul

View solution in original post

47 REPLIES 47

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.