Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

sah259
Frequent Visitor

Responsive Tooltip

I have a bar showing the average of five different variables.

I then wrote measures to show the percentile associated with those specific averages, written as follows:

Num 1 Percentiles Measure = IF([Num 1 AVERAGE Measure]<=1, 1, IF([Num 1 AVERAGE Measure]<=1.5, 2,IF([Num 1 AVERAGE Measure]<=3, 4.5, IF([Num 1 AVERAGE Measure]>3, 6, "Unknown"))))

I want the percentiles to show up in the tooltip...but only for the variable that they are associated with.

So when I hover over "Num 1", I want "Num 1 Percentile Measure" to appear in the tooltip. 

When I hover over "Num 2", I want "Num 2 Percentile Measure" to appear in the tooltip.

Is this possible?

As of now, I get all of them (just showing two as an example) for every single bar that I hover over.

Percentile Example.PNG

So for the above picture, because I am hovering over Average of Num 1, I dont want "Num 2 Percentile Measure" to show up.

But I dragged that measure into my tooltip, because when I hover over Average of Num 2, I do want it to appear.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks (: 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
edhans
Super User
Super User

You probably want to use a Report Tooltip for this. You don't have a lot of control over the basic tooltips. See this article.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
edhans
Super User
Super User

You probably want to use a Report Tooltip for this. You don't have a lot of control over the basic tooltips. See this article.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting
sah259
Frequent Visitor

You are right, that worked perfectly! Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.