Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Reset all Visuals to default formatting

My objective is to retroactively apply a Custom Theme to existing PBI reports. 

If the existing report has manually changed formatting properties e.g. colors, fonts, borders, etc. then when a Custom Theme is applied... the those manually changed properties will not be updated to match the newly applied theme.   You could manually select each visual and the go through all the all the properties and manually use the 'Reset to Default' option.  But that would be a tedious and error prone activity.  I'm wondering if there is any way to do a batch 'Reset to Default' for all visuals in the entire report?

You can slightly improve the brute force method by selecting Visuals of the same type, and then you can at least batch update each setting for that set of Visuals (but doesn't work for if different Visual types are multi-selected). 

3 REPLIES 3
v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Good idea! I has vote for it!

Best Regards

Lucien

Anonymous
Not applicable

FYI, my conclusion is that there is no existing way to do this (or reasonable alternative approach).  I did find an existing Feature Request, so consider upvoting it.

https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/idea/?ideaid=83137c9d-277f-4249-97f7-431cd98409dc

Anonymous
Not applicable

Replying to my own question, just to point out someone ask this question a couple of years ago.  There was no useful answer though.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Revert-to-default-all-the-visuals-in-one-pbix/m-p/789679

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.