Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

chayanupadhyay
Helper III
Helper III

Reset Report level filters in one click

Hi All,

I need to reset report level filter in one click, i can do that by using the Bookmark option but i need to retain the slicers selection when i reset the report level filter.

1. suppose i have created a bookmark with Report level filter as All and dragged a button name as "reset report level filter" and link the button to the bookmark, i need to have that button on every tab/page of the report.
  2. After that i make selection in report level filter and also make selection in slicers(Select anything on slicer).
  3. when i click on reset report level filter button (which i created in step 1) on the report page/tab i am in , it will reset the report level filter but it will also reset the slicer selection on that tab/page which i need to retain.
  4. I tried to stop interaction but i realised it is button so can't do that.

Please let me know if anyone know any approach to achieve the above functionality and also let me know if you need more details on this.

Thank you for the help !!

Regards,

Chayan Upadhyay 

2 REPLIES 2
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @chayanupadhyay ,

By default, slicers on report pages affect all the other visualizations on that page, including each other. Also Report level filters have the same effect. That means the slicer effect and Report level filters effect Can't coexist.

To work around the issue, you can try the Page level filter instead of the Report level filter.

You can learn more :https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/power-bi-reports-filters-and-highlighting#intro-to-the-fil....

Best Regards,

Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you @v-xicai for the reply.

Even if i put page level filter and put a button to clear page level filter, slicers selection which is made after the bookmark saved willl not be retained.

but as you mentioned and also this is power bi functionality that reseting the filter will impact the slicer selection but was wondering if anyone might have done it or if there is any workaround.

Thank you again.

Regards,

Chayan Upadhyay  

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.