Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Required custom date Slicer Last 7 days,last 15 days,last 30 days

Hi Team,

I have 3 columns 
ID LastUpdateddate Values
1   2020-08-10          100
2   2020-07-12           200
3   2020-08-01            500
4   2020-08-05           700
5    2020-05-15          800
6    2020-07-30          100

I need a date slicer in that i required last7days,last15days,last30 option

once i select last7 days filter , table should display last 7days records only and so on for other option.

Date filter
last7days
last15days
last30days

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-zhenbw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

If you want to create slicer like following screenshot, we can use the following ways to meet your requirement.

R1.jpg

1. Create a date table and a date slicer table. There is no relationship among tables.

Date = CALENDAR("2020/5/1","2020/8/31")

R2.jpg

2. Create three measure to calculate the last 7 days, last 15 days and last 30 days.

Last7days = 
var _select = SELECTEDVALUE('Date'[Date])
var _last7days = _select-7
var _last7values = CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[Values]),FILTER('Table','Table'[LastUpdateddate]<=_select&&'Table'[LastUpdateddate]>=_last7days))
return
IF(
    ISFILTERED('Date'[Date]),
    _last7values,
    SUM('Table'[Values]))

Last15Days = 
var _select = MIN('Date'[Date])
var _last15days = _select-15
var _last15values = CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[Values]),FILTER('Table','Table'[LastUpdateddate]<=_select&&'Table'[LastUpdateddate]>=_last15days))
return
IF(
    _last15values,
    SUM('Table'[Values]))

Last30Days = 
var _last30days = _select-30
var _last30values = CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[Values]),FILTER('Table','Table'[LastUpdateddate]<=_select&&'Table'[LastUpdateddate]>=_last30days))
return
IF(
    _last30values,
    SUM('Table'[Values]))

R3.jpg

3. At last we can create a measure to get the result.

Result measure = 
var _select = SELECTEDVALUE('Date filter'[slicer])
return
IF(
    ISFILTERED('Date filter'[slicer]),
    SWITCH(
        TRUE(),
        _select="last7days",[Last7days],
        _select="last15days",[Last15Days],
        _select="last30days",[Last30Days]
    ))

R4.jpg

R5.jpg

If it doesn’t meet your requirement, could you please show the exact expected result based on the table that you have shared?

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ zhenbw

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

BTW, pbix as attached.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-zhenbw-msft ,

thanks for the amazing answer! What if I want to make this more dynamic, so that I don't have to do it for every KPI but use it with selected measure? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the help

v-zhenbw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

If you want to create slicer like following screenshot, we can use the following ways to meet your requirement.

R1.jpg

1. Create a date table and a date slicer table. There is no relationship among tables.

Date = CALENDAR("2020/5/1","2020/8/31")

R2.jpg

2. Create three measure to calculate the last 7 days, last 15 days and last 30 days.

Last7days = 
var _select = SELECTEDVALUE('Date'[Date])
var _last7days = _select-7
var _last7values = CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[Values]),FILTER('Table','Table'[LastUpdateddate]<=_select&&'Table'[LastUpdateddate]>=_last7days))
return
IF(
    _last7values,
    SUM('Table'[Values]))

Last15Days = 
var _last15days = _select-15
var _last15values = CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[Values]),FILTER('Table','Table'[LastUpdateddate]<=_select&&'Table'[LastUpdateddate]>=_last15days))
return
IF(
    _last15values,
    SUM('Table'[Values]))

Last30Days = 
var _last30days = _select-30
var _last30values = CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[Values]),FILTER('Table','Table'[LastUpdateddate]<=_select&&'Table'[LastUpdateddate]>=_last30days))
return
IF(
    _last30values,
    SUM('Table'[Values]))

R3.jpg

3. At last we can create a measure to get the result.

Result measure = 
var _select = SELECTEDVALUE('Date filter'[slicer])
return
IF(
    ISFILTERED('Date filter'[slicer]),
    SWITCH(
        TRUE(),
        _select="last7days",[Last7days],
        _select="last15days",[Last15Days],
        _select="last30days",[Last30Days]
    ))

R4.jpg

R5.jpg

If it doesn’t meet your requirement, could you please show the exact expected result based on the table that you have shared?

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ zhenbw

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

BTW, pbix as attached.

I've been looking for a similar solution and this is the closest to what i'm after i think. so i'm hoping you can help. I'm very new so this may be stupid question. but i have 2 date fields for my data, sometimes i want to filter my table by 'creation date', and sometimes i want to use 'Dispatch Date'. i only want to have 1 slicer and just a button or something to swap between which data the slicer is using. seems kind of similar to what you're doing here but i cant work out what i'd need to change to make it work.

Thanks for any help you may be able to give

Anonymous
Not applicable

This worked perfectly for a report I am working on.

Only needed a few changes as the start date for me didn't need selection so no Date table. Also used EDATE to work with months instead of days. Brilliant solution 🙂

Last3months = 

var _today = TODAY()
var _last3months = CALCULATE('Table'[Value],
DATESBETWEEN('Table'[MostRecentActivity], EDATE(_today, -3), _today))
return _last3months

Amazingly detailed answer

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , I think the same issue as -

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/required-custom-date-sllicer-Last-7-days-last-15-days-last-30/m-p/1284551#M561530

Else create slicer like this -

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Slicer-MTD-QTD-YTD-to-filter-dates-using-the-slicer/td-p/50...

And use rolling measure -

Rolling 7 days = CALCULATE(sum(Sal[Sales Amount]),DATESINPERIOD('Date'[Date],max(Sales[Sales Date]),-7,Day))

Rolling 14 days = CALCULATE(sum(Sal[Sales Amount]),DATESINPERIOD('Date'[Date],max(Sales[Sales Date]),-14,Day))

In case you need to display all dates

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duMSovyosXE

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous   use relative date filtering

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop-shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@parry2k But user wants custom date filter, they dont need relative filter,

@Anonymous check this post and tweak it as per your need.

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop-shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.