Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

RKM
Helper IV
Helper IV

Requesting Guide on Visuals for File Process Tracking For entire day

Hi Experts

I am looking for your help. This is not a direct technical question though. Actually more of a guidance about visualization and your experiance. So we have multiple file [nearly 150] processing through-out the day. They all go-through different processes (like, Receive/Process/Delivery to Downstream etc.) and for each of these files and for each of those processes - have corresponding respective [Earliest SLA] as well as [Latest SLA] and we'd like to have a waterfall view to see where we stand, where there is SLA breach so on and so forth. Currently I'm representing in flat table format as below... but with the Help of Power BI and its advanced Visualization features - how would you better reflect this please, like progress or traffic light etc?

Any Idea and working example/pbix? Below are representative data.

Current Time: 2 PM
FileNameEventLower_SLAUpper_SLAActualAuto Message
file1.txtReceived9AM9:30AM9:05AMOn-Time
file1.txtProcessed9AM9:45AM9:09AMOn-Time
file1.txtdelivered9:30AM11AM10:20AMOn-Time
file2.txtReceived9:30AM10:30AM10:39AMDone. Missed SLA
file2.txtProcessed9:30AM11AM10:46AMOn-Time
file2.txtdelivered11AM11:30AM11:10AMOn-Time
file3.txtReceived9:15AM9:30AM9:05AMAhead-Of-Time
file3.txtProcessed10:20AM11AM11:10AMDone. Missed SLA
file3.txtdelivered11AM11:30AMNULLNot Done. Missed SLA
file4.txtdelivered11:30AM12:30PM12:10PMOn-Time
file4.txtdelivered1PM1:30PM1:38PMDone. Missed SLA
file4.txtdelivered1:30PM2:30PMNULLNot Done. SLA Not Yet Over

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jdbuchanan71
Super User
Super User

Maybe, instead of showing X for Done you could show the Actual time like this

jdbuchanan71_0-1631374657495.png

Updated file attached.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jdbuchanan71
Super User
Super User

Maybe, instead of showing X for Done you could show the Actual time like this

jdbuchanan71_0-1631374657495.png

Updated file attached.

Thank you again @jdbuchanan71.Highly appreciated. 

May be something - somewhere I'm missing. Seems the default list of Visuals - not giving enough insights. Users are requesting to not hide SLAs (Lower and Upper), somewhat like a 24 hours timeline Gnatt Chart [Lower to Upper for each file's each event] for Process flows for each file with a marker of "Actual Time when available".  May be there is no suitable visual for better representation. In such case I'd possibly have to go back to table / Matrix.

Because the users are wanting to see so many data points for each file / step I think you will have to use the matrix.  Perhaps splitting the Status and Result into two fields and adding them as slicers will help the users filter the list quickly to isolate items they want to focus on.

jdbuchanan71
Super User
Super User

Perhaps something where you represent the status with icons and the result with color.  I also split the status and result into 2 columns.

jdbuchanan71_1-1631372511758.png

Icon

X = Done
O = Not Done
! = Not Done AND Missed SLA

Color
Green = On Time
Blue = Ahead-Of_Time
Orange = Missed SLA

Red = Not Done AND Missed SLA

I have attached my file for you to look at.

This looks great and Thumbs Up 👍 Thanks @jdbuchanan71 

Only issue is that I still somehow need to display Actual Time for the events in the Visual. Any other workaround available for that please?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.