Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Zaka
Frequent Visitor

Reports show "something's wrong with one or more field " after re deploying SSAS tabular model

Hi,

After I redeployed my SSAS cube with some modifications ....My PowerBI desktop and on cloud service shows "something's wrong with one or more field " on most of visualizations.

Please help...

Thanks

Zaka

6 REPLIES 6
Phil_Seamark
Employee
Employee

Also, I believe the engine behind Power BI webservice that processes Metadata (and changes) can be delayed by 5 to 10 mins, so if all you have done is add a new measure then you just need to wait and it will kick in eventually.

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Thanks for your reply ...much appreciated.

I have attached the screen ...........my users asked me to add some extra fields , I have added in SSAS and redeployed the Tabular SSAS cube which gave me the error show in above screen. Its noteable that I did not change any field used in my reports and dashboards.

Thanks

Zakaerror SSAS cube live issue.jpg

Hi @Zaka,

As mentioned before, you need to check each visual's error by click See Details. SSAS model change will reflect in the report though you didn't change report. Or you can just click Fix this button to remove problem column or measure from visuals.

Best Regards,

Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Just encountered the same issue here with an MDM cube as well.  Nothing has changed with fields referenced by the Power BI Visuals and just removing the invalid reference and adding the same field back in from the field list resolves it.  The issue here is that it is impossible to know why this occurred as we dont' see the bindings that Power BI has to the fields in the SSAS model and rather they are keys, text, etc.  Going back to TFS now to try to determine if something changed with these fields in the meta data.... 

Just encountered the same issue here with an MDM cube as well.  Nothing has changed with fields referenced by the Power BI Visuals and just removing the invalid reference and adding the same field back in from the field list resolves it.  The issue here is that it is impossible to know why this occurred as we dont' see the bindings that Power BI has to the fields in the SSAS model and rather they are keys, text, etc.  Going back to TFS now to try to determine if something changed with these fields in the meta data.... 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Zaka,

As you modify the SSAS cube, some fields presented in visuals should be deleted in cube. Please remove all non-existed fields in visuals.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.