Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

GarryFarrell
Advocate III
Advocate III

Reports not refreshing when files are replaced in folder source

I have a PBIX file (Power BI Desktop) that connects to a folder as the source. There are 100 files. When the data files are replaced I need to refresh the data. I did the following to get the data to refresh out any luck. Seems like a bug to me.

1. I refreshed by clicking the refresh button in the main windows of Power BI. The process takes some time but the reports are not updated.
  2. Then I click Edit Queries and then update all. This updates the preview data and includes the new data that I was looking for. Then I click Apply and Close. Still no change to the reports.
  3. After many other attempts to get Power BI to refresh I changed to the Data view in the main Power BI window. I can see my list of table on the right of the screen. Now I select the table that I need updated and right click (or click the ... menu) and select Refresh. To my amazement the reports now reflect the changed data.Power BI Data View.png In the following diagram see location 6.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-desktop-data-view/

2 REPLIES 2
v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @GarryFarrell,

I have tested it on my local environment, we cannot reproduce this issue. I can refreh the data without any issues after replaced original datasource file.

Please provide us deital steps, so that we can try to reproduce this issue and make further analysis.

Regards,

Charlie Liao

Hi,

I have 100 files that all have 500 rows of data each. The transformations are significant to get the data into the correct shape for reporting. I'm reading the folder in as 3 sources and then joining them back together. When I close and apply 3 or 4 processes start called ...mashup which is Power BI processing the folder and the transformations. It takes about 20 mins to complete.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.