Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Reports - Export To File - Report requested for export is not on dedicated capacity

Hi everyone,

Below is my Requirement

1. I want to embedded report into .Net MVC application - Its worked as expected.
  2. After loading the report I want to export the report to PDF / PPT on button click - This is not woking

I followed the steps and it is giving below error (I have Power BI pro account)

{
  "error": {
    "code": "InvalidRequest",
    "message": "Report requested for export is not on dedicated capacity"
  }
}

PowerBI-ExportToPDF.jpg

Note: I have Power Bi Pro account

Thanks,

Hemchand

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Form this Microsoft official document, we know that both the report and the dataset of the report you are exporting, must reside on a Premium or Embedded capacity. Other public preview limitations  are detailed in the Export report to file article. Please also be aware that as all new Power BI APIs, the Export-To-File API is included only in the Power BI APIs .NET SDK v3.

Best Regards,

Amy 

Community Support Team _ Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

The documentation here  mentions that the feature is still in preview as of today. How ever the Power BI Rest APIs documentation here  doesn't mention anything on that.

I'm not allowed to use preview features. Is this feature generally available? or it is still in preview?

v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Form this Microsoft official document, we know that both the report and the dataset of the report you are exporting, must reside on a Premium or Embedded capacity. Other public preview limitations  are detailed in the Export report to file article. Please also be aware that as all new Power BI APIs, the Export-To-File API is included only in the Power BI APIs .NET SDK v3.

Best Regards,

Amy 

Community Support Team _ Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi

I find the phrase: "The dataset of the report you're exporting must reside on a Premium or Embedded capacity"  a bit confusing .

1. Does this simply mean both myself the dev and my business users need to upgrade from pro to premium licenses?  
  2. Do assume anyone calling my flow with the "Export to File for Power BI Reports Action would need the premium licenses and not just the connection account for the action?
  3. Does having on-prem data to report on, impact the Premium requirement?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.