Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Karolina411
Resolver II
Resolver II

Reporting on 1st occurences in a Fiscal Year

Hello -- I created a distinct count measure and added it to a table with my own fiscal year and fiscal and fiscal quarter. My goal was to determine the first visit for each patient in a fiscal year and then report which quarter the first visit occurred. The table I created does a unique count for each quarter the patient was seen, it does not report the quarter in which that first fiscal year visit occurred.

I found this example but do not seem to b selecting the correct values.  Do you have any suggestion how I could use Dax to id each occurence then output the # of the Fiscal Quarter of the 1st patient appointment.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yueyunzh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Karolina411 

Based on your description, you want to get the quarter of the first patient appointment. First for you to group something, you can put the field in the visual, then for the earliest quarter you need to create a quarter time identifier for your Date column to determine which quarter is the oldest, you can use the FILTER() function to filter out all records of that patient, and then use the MINX() function to locate the earliest quarter.

If this method does not meet your needs, you can provide us with your special sample data and the desired output sample data in the form of tables, so that we can better help you solve the problem.

Thank you for your time and sharing, and thank you for your support and understanding of PowerBI! 

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yueyunzh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Karolina411 

Based on your description, you want to get the quarter of the first patient appointment. First for you to group something, you can put the field in the visual, then for the earliest quarter you need to create a quarter time identifier for your Date column to determine which quarter is the oldest, you can use the FILTER() function to filter out all records of that patient, and then use the MINX() function to locate the earliest quarter.

If this method does not meet your needs, you can provide us with your special sample data and the desired output sample data in the form of tables, so that we can better help you solve the problem.

Thank you for your time and sharing, and thank you for your support and understanding of PowerBI! 

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

ryan_mayu
Super User
Super User

could you pls provide some sample data and expected output?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.