Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Mike_Clishem

Reporting % in PowerBI

Hi,

I'm new to PowerBI and I'm struggling with reporting percentages. I have a column for GP % as an example and when I slice my geographical areas then the GP% is shown correctly in a "card", however, when no area is selected the % reported is a huge number which makes no sense. Is it possible that without any row being selected that the reported GP% could be the total GP% for the reported period? I don't have a row for total sales and total gross profit. My data looks similar to this:

Sales                Gross Profit                Gross Profit %

Area 1                    100                          25                                  25.00%

Area 2                    200                          125                                62.50%

Area 3                    500                           350                               70.00%    

I would like to see the GP% across all areas when no single area is chosen within the slicer................does that make sense?

The reported GP% for the period for the example should be reported as 62.50% instead I get what appears to be the sum of the reported percentages i.e 157.50%!!

Frustrated!

Mike 😞 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Try this create a measure that divides the sum of the gross profit into the sales:

Measure = Sum(Gross Profit) / Sum(Sales) 

Did my answer(s) help you? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!
Did my post answer your question(s)? Mark my post as a solution. This will help others find the solution.

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

@Mike_Clishem ,

You just need to create a measure as Watsky mentioned.

Gross Profit % = SUM('Table'[Gross Profit]) / SUM('Table'[Sales])

Capture.PNG 

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Watsky
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Do you have summarization on for the field that represents GP%? sum.png

It sounds like it's adding the percentages together.

Did my post answer your question(s)? Mark my post as a solution. This will help others find the solution.

Margin Issue PowerBI (3).jpg

This is what I get when I click on the field.

@Mike_Clishem ,

You just need to create a measure as Watsky mentioned.

Gross Profit % = SUM('Table'[Gross Profit]) / SUM('Table'[Sales])

Capture.PNG 

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Try this create a measure that divides the sum of the gross profit into the sales:

Measure = Sum(Gross Profit) / Sum(Sales) 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.