Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

papuzu
Helper II
Helper II

Reporting data without losing calculation

hELLO There

I've created a Column-Z which calculate a division between two source of data : as numerator a put profit earned (column-A) and denominator the price sold (Column-B)

I have then a row for each of this new column-z calculation applied. 

When a try to visualize this new column created with some bigger sub-set (for example Country Canada has lot of products with different profit (column A) and price earned (column B)) then the Column-Z reported is simply the average of the whole list of products reported for Country Canada, while this column should recalculate the whole Column-A (profit earned) with Column-B price sold to deploy the exact % of margin to represent the Country Canada  

Thanks for helping 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello @Nathaniel_C 

I thought I had reply to this query. 

I've solved this by myself because it was the -measure- the parameter to adopt and not a simple calculation 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Nathaniel_C
Super User
Super User

Hi @papuzu , this is not clear.  Either share the .pbix, or mockup something in Excel with current data and expected outcome.  Then copy the cells and paste into the code window (<>) which comes from the input menu.

If you would share your pbix, or dummy up some values in Excel both for current and expected data. Please copy and paste them into your post, rather than doing a picture, we may be able to help you. 

Please read this post to get your question answered more quickly:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

Nathaniel

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Hello @Nathaniel_C 

I thought I had reply to this query. 

I've solved this by myself because it was the -measure- the parameter to adopt and not a simple calculation 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.