Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

apt108
Advocate I
Advocate I

Reporting across Datasets

Hello all,

Firstly my aplogies as this may have been covered before, but I can't find a clear answer now.

I have a dataset based on one business area.  I have a 'Monthly Station Report' that allows the user to select the month and station (actually Fire Station in my context) to provide key data for the given station in the given month.  This is fine for the one business area, but I've now been asked to include data from a different business area, which is currently within a different dataset.

I'm aware of two options:

1. Create a new dataset that includes data from both business areas.  This is not very attractive as both existing datasets are reasonably complex, and ultimately I'm expecting to need to include a number of business areas.

2. Create a dashboard and include two reports, one from each dataset (and business area).  Not the most elegant, and I believe the user will have to seperately select the month and station for each report seperately.

Are there any other options open to me?  I'm really surprised that one can't construct a report based on multiple datasets.

Your advice and comments would be appreciated.

Thanks

Andy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
negi007
Community Champion
Community Champion

@apt108 pl. go through below link to understand how you can create a report from multiple datasets. 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/desktop-directquery-datasets-azure-analysis-s...

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Appreciate your Kudos

Proud to be a Super User!

Follow me on linkedin

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
negi007
Community Champion
Community Champion

@apt108 pl. go through below link to understand how you can create a report from multiple datasets. 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/desktop-directquery-datasets-azure-analysis-s...

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Appreciate your Kudos

Proud to be a Super User!

Follow me on linkedin

Thanks so much for the quick reply @negi007 , it's really appreciated.  It's great to see this is possible,  and (so far) really easy to do.  I just have to make sure I have valid relationships betwen the different datasets now!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.