Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

EleriW

Report to show only columns with specific values

Hi,

I’ve very new to Power BI. 

I have a large spreadsheet with staff names down column A, their Line Manger in Column B then lots of questions in column C onwards, around 100 questions from a survey where staff have answered True, False or N/A.

I would like a report where the manager selects their name from a filter, then presented with another filtered list of their team members.  When they select an individual, I would like it to only display the questions they have answered False or N/A to displayed in a list.  The majority of the answers will be true, so I don’t expect to have a large number of False or N/A for most staff but if there are lots they will just have to scroll through the list.

I don’t even know if this is possible in Power BI.  Any suggestions how to tackle this would be much appreciated.

I have included a sample of what the data looks like to give you an idea of what I'm working with.

Thank you.

NameLine ManagerQuestion 1Questions 2Question 2Questions 3Question 3Questions 4Question 4Questions 5
Staff oneManager ATRUEFALSEFALSETRUETRUEFALSEN/ATRUE
Staff twoManager BTRUEFALSETRUEFALSETRUETRUEN/AFALSE
staff threeManager BTRUETRUETRUETRUETRUETRUETRUEN/A
Staff fourManager CFALSEFALSETRUEFALSEFALSETRUEFALSETRUE
Staff fiveManager AN/ATRUETRUETRUETRUEN/ATRUETRUE
staff sixManager AFALSETRUETRUETRUETRUEFALSETRUETRUE
staff sevenManager CFALSETRUETRUEN/AFALSETRUETRUEFALSE
staff eightManager ATRUEN/ATRUETRUETRUETRUETRUETRUE
staff nineManager BN/ATRUETRUETRUEFALSEFALSEFALSETRUE
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ribisht17
Super User
Super User

@EleriW 

Use the Unpivot option to solve this problem

Step 1

ribisht17_0-1679505188501.png

Step 2-Rename

ribisht17_1-1679505260285.png

Step 3

ribisht17_2-1679505525834.png

Regards,

Ritesh

Mark my post as a solution if it helped you| Munde and Kudis (Ladies and Gentlemen) I like your Kudos!! !!
My YT Channel Dancing With Data !! Connect on Linkedin !! PL 300 Certification Series

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ribisht17
Super User
Super User

Mark my post as a solution if it helped you| Munde and Kudis (Ladies and Gentlemen) I like your Kudos!! !!
My YT Channel Dancing With Data !! Connect on Linkedin !! PL 300 Certification Series

ribisht17
Super User
Super User

@EleriW 

Use the Unpivot option to solve this problem

Step 1

ribisht17_0-1679505188501.png

Step 2-Rename

ribisht17_1-1679505260285.png

Step 3

ribisht17_2-1679505525834.png

Regards,

Ritesh

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.