Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Report's visuals are showing out-of-alignment when viewing the same report through another computer

Hi,
I have a report that heavily uses overlapping visuals. The requirement was to replicate an Excel report in Power BI. The Excel report had much formatting done on a cell by cell basis. To mimic the same in Power BI I've had to use many Advance Card visuals (to cater for the cell conditional formatting) and line shapes (to cater for cell borders).

Having produced the report in the Desktop version - all looked good. When viewing the same report in the Service - all looked good still. As a result I made the report available for end-user consumption. The end-users reported back that alot of the report's visuals were out-of-alignment.
Using a colleagues computer to view the report, firstly, via the Power BI Desktop I could see some Advance Cards were a little out-of-alignment - just a little but still they were of alignment to how I saw the report through my computer, then, secondly, viewing the report through the Power BI Service I saw many visuals (Advance Cards, Lines, even the Matrix visuals needed both Horizontal and Vertical scroll-bars) were out-of-alignment.

Cleary, this is a problem as when I develop the report I align all immaculately and then, once published, other users see a complete mess.

Have others experienced this problem and what did you do to rectify it?

I would expect I need to set/configure something in Power BI Desktop that ensures all is aligned for the end-users, regardless of what OS, browser, or resolution the end-user is using??
Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-yuta-msft  - yes it would seem the unwanted affect is being caused by the browser the report is viewed through.

I'm running Windows 10 and Chrome Version 75.0.3770.100. When I view the report all is immaculately aligned.

A test laptop is running Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge 42.17134.1.0. When this test laptop views the report the Advance Cards are out of alignment and the Matrix now shows horizontal and vertical scroll-bars (in Chrome is doesn't neither did it in the Desktop version).

Is there a setting (configuration) to set so the visuals stay in one place ragardless of which browser is used to the view the report through the Service, or is the browser issue expected and that I have to tell each end-user to view the reports through a certain broweser (and browser version)?   Do I have to go further and tell each end-user to set a specific resolution too?

I've not had to inform end-users to view reports through certain browsers before in order to view the report as intended, although I've never created a report with so many overlapping visuals before.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Jewel
Regular Visitor

Any update on this issue? I've been facing similar issue for half a year. Table looks preety good in Power BI Desktop and my Edge browser, but just mess up in user's laptop with Edge of the same version.

I've asked them to clear cookie. It does not help.

v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous ,

This issue should be related to browser. Please change browser or clear cache to check if this issue persists. If the issue persists, I would suggest you to create a support ticket here.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-yuta-msft  - yes it would seem the unwanted affect is being caused by the browser the report is viewed through.

I'm running Windows 10 and Chrome Version 75.0.3770.100. When I view the report all is immaculately aligned.

A test laptop is running Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge 42.17134.1.0. When this test laptop views the report the Advance Cards are out of alignment and the Matrix now shows horizontal and vertical scroll-bars (in Chrome is doesn't neither did it in the Desktop version).

Is there a setting (configuration) to set so the visuals stay in one place ragardless of which browser is used to the view the report through the Service, or is the browser issue expected and that I have to tell each end-user to view the reports through a certain broweser (and browser version)?   Do I have to go further and tell each end-user to set a specific resolution too?

I've not had to inform end-users to view reports through certain browsers before in order to view the report as intended, although I've never created a report with so many overlapping visuals before.

Thanks.

I encountered a similar issue where objects, such as cards, were not aligning horizontally in the report view despite visually aligning them and adjusting their positions in Power BI Desktop. Attempting to align them by entering same values in their Vertical (under Position) field to vertically position them in the same grid also did not work out .

While contemplating the solution, I discovered that the dissimilar values in Size (Height) and Padding fields (insides the settings: General -> Properties) of the cards were causing misalignment. To put it simply, two similar cards will not appear horizontally in line in spite of having the same values in their Vertical (under Position) field if they have different values in their respective Height field.

To resolve this issue, I ensured that all cards occupied a common horizontal line have the same values in their respective height, padding, and vertical fields. As a result all card objects appeared aligned without distortion, eliminating the need for manual adjustments and visual scrutiny.

I hope this solution proves helpful.

Any luck with this issue? i am facing the same

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.