Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

InvCs

Report refresh from Sharepoint list not working propperly

Hi community, 

So I am facing a strange refresh behaviour in PowerBI desktop when trying to refresh from a sharepoint list. 

The normal refresh basecally works fine. It triggers all tables to refresh and runs trough smoothly.

However the data is not changing altough the sharepoint list was updated multiple times.

image.png

But when I go to the data view and trigger the refresh directly on the table: 

image.png

the refresh is wokring and the updated data gets loaded. 

Main problem is, that when I publish the report to PowerBI Service and trigger a refresh on the dataset, nothing happens, similiar to PowerBI desktop. 

Anyone has an idea what could be the problem here ? 

Many thanks in regards!

4 REPLIES 4
v-xiaotang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @InvCs 

Have you solved this question? Could you accept my answer as solution? To help others find it quickly. Thanks.
If you still have question, please let me know.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Tang

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

v-xiaotang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @InvCs 

If the datasource is SharePoint List, after you publish the report to Service, go to dataset settings, then

(1) set credentials

vxiaotang_0-1637573480220.png

vxiaotang_1-1637573506289.png

(2) set Schedule refresh

vxiaotang_2-1637573526286.png

(3) limitations

vxiaotang_3-1637573604869.png

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Tang

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

AlexanderPrime
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Have you checked if the credentials in Dataset Settings need to be re-entered on the PowerBI publishing service? Sometimes when publishing a new Sharepoint connected database to web I find it doesn't bring the SharePoint credentials through correctly so needs a quick sign in. 

Please note - I am not affiliated with Microsoft, I'm just an end user like yourself.
Just a regular guy doin' Data Science.

If my post has helped you, please don't forget to thumbs up or click "Accept as solution" if it solved your problem!

Thanks for the quick reply!

So after publishing, I had to enter credentials on the dataset again. 

The refresh is then basecally working , but data does not get refresh at all.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.