Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Sher
Helper I
Helper I

Report publishing size issues

Hi,

I have a report that is 84 MB in size, I find that when i try publish this up from desktop to the PBI service, i get an error message that says "Sorry you do not have access to publish this workspace". when i reduce some of the queries and make the size of the report smaller i can then publish it.

I wanted to ask does anyone know the maximum size a PBI file can be in desktop that is publishable up to the PBI Service?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

the maximum size if i remember is 1GB compressed (so FAR above that 84mb). I currently publish reports of up to 800MB so I guess there is an issue with that specific workspace.

@Anonymous  Thanks for the info, do you have any idea of what I could do to resolve this? Ideally we would need the ability to publish reports that are like you said much larger in size, but with the current limitation im stuck trying to reduce the report to under 80MB.

Thanks.

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi

the maximum size if i remember is 1GB compressed (so FAR above that 84mb). I currently publish reports of up to 800MB so I guess there is an issue with that specific workspace.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.