Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

alanhodgson
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Report page changing size

Hello,

I have 4 different pages on a report that I made in PBI Desktop and the first page has the "Page View" button greyed out. But, if I copy and paste the contents of the first page to a new page, then it works fine. Is the first page suppose to act as a cover page or is this a bug?

Update: If I publish the report to PBI Service and pin the pages to a Dashboard, the first page is much smaller than the other pages, and if I drag the corner to expand it, I just get more white space on the sides.

This is from the first page of the report in PBI Desktop:

Capture1.PNG

Help please,

Alan

2 REPLIES 2

@alanhodgson Sounds odd... The only time that is grayed out for me is when I don't have any data... If you copy the page, have you deleted the page and then the same behaviour now happens on the "new" first page? Otherwise, just delete the first page after you've copied it.

Are there other actions you've taken on formatting the page or actions you've taken that led to it being grayed out?

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Hey @Seth_C_Bauer,

Thanks for the response! It is definitely odd.

I deleted the page that had the greyed out view, and the new page with the copied visuals works fine. No, the same behavior doesn't happen on the new first page. I even moved the pages around and I can't replicate the issue.  And no, I just loaded the data from the query and started making visuals on the first page, I didn't even noticed the greyed out Page View until I was ready to publish.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.