Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Report ownership transfer

Hi Everyone,

I am leaving my current organasation soon and prior to my departure I want to ensure that everything is left in perfect order for the next person to pick up as easily as possible.

I currently have a Power BI premium per user and a pro licence assigned to myself.I have created a couple of premium workspaces and also my personal workspace where most of the reports are.

I would idially like to transfer all the reports to my succesor but as far as I know this is not possible on Power BI yet,is there any other ways the reports can remain live under the premium workspaces with my account been disabled ? or is there any other way to assign workspaces including the contents?

Any tip will be much appreciated 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Anonymous : If you are able to add another user as admin and also if the other user has 'premium per user' license, you are good, The workspaces will remain active and the new user can assume your role.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ponnusamy
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

@Anonymous :

You can add other users as admin to your preimum workspaces (workspaces assigned to Premium capacity). They should be able to take over everything from that workspace.

ponnusamy_0-1631545604724.png

If this post helps, then please consider Accepting it as the solution, Give Kudos to motivate the contributors.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ponnusamy and @AlexisOlson  thank you so much both for your responses.

The Premium workspaces are though under my premium per user licence.

do you know if the workspaces will remain there if my365 account gets deleted?

@Anonymous : If you are able to add another user as admin and also if the other user has 'premium per user' license, you are good, The workspaces will remain active and the new user can assume your role.

AlexisOlson
Super User
Super User

Having "most of the reports" in your personal workspace isn't a good idea. Anything that other people will use or take over should be moved to a shared workspace.

If you have reports in a shared workspace, then you can add others as admin and pass off control.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.