Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Christophe
Helper II
Helper II

Report on interactions

Is it possible to get a list of interactions set up on a report page?

Currently I select visuals one at a time to see how interaction is set up on the other visuals. There must be a better way!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@Christophe , unfortunately I do not know of a better way. But, sounds like a great idea. You should check here: https://aka.ms/PBI_Comm_Ideas

And if not there post it as an idea. I'd vote for it. I would think there could be an implementation of an Interactions pane along the same lines as Bookmarks or Performance Analyzer.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-zhenbw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Christophe ,

Sorry for that we don’t understand clearly what kind of result you want.

You can determine the interaction of each Visual by configuring Edit Interactions.

Report 1.jpg

And If there is no relationship between the tables that make Visual, then these Visuals cannot interact.

If it doesn’t meet your requirement, could you please show some desire results?

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ zhenbw

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for the reply.

I am interested to see interactions for ALL visuals, not for EACH visual.

In your example, you have 4 visuals, so you would need to click 4 times to see all interactions. If you have 20 pages each with 10 visuals, you would have to click 200 times.

Scenario: a data analyst moves to another position. Another analyst inherits the reports and would like to get an at-a-glance view of all interactions.

Hi @Christophe ,

Sorry for that, but I also not found an effective solution to achieve your requirement, perhaps you can submit the requirement to ideas like Greg said and add your comments there to make this feature coming sooner : https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ zhenbw

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Christophe , right now you can only see when you click on visual see drill down option. what you have already explored

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@Christophe , unfortunately I do not know of a better way. But, sounds like a great idea. You should check here: https://aka.ms/PBI_Comm_Ideas

And if not there post it as an idea. I'd vote for it. I would think there could be an implementation of an Interactions pane along the same lines as Bookmarks or Performance Analyzer.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.