Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Chaipup
Frequent Visitor

Report on Current Calendar Month Excluding Today

Hi,

I've automated a report in Power BI that reports on the current month's sales and budget and I've used the relative date filter to show the value in this month. However, it reports on today's budget figure and today's sales which obviously haven't completed yet so it budget includes the whole of today but sales only upto when the report is run.

My question is: Is there a way of reporting the current month but only up to the day before the report? e.g. Today is the 24th of January so I only want to report from the 1st to 23rd of Jan. I also report the last 7 days in more depth and that allows me to exclude today whereas calendar month doesn't give me that option.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Chaipup,

Take a good look at this discussion.

http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Relational-Date-Filter-By-Other-Date-How-To/td-p/298373

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Chaipup,

In short, this is possible. Here is an example for your reference.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks very much for the feedback. Unfortunately it doesn't quite work as the budget is pre-populated right though this year so I'm still seeing data for today!!! Also the data warehouse updates every half an hour so when sales come through for today it populates the report. Is there a way of purely selecting this month except for today so I can bring in MTD sales and budget?

Kind regards

@Chaipup,

Take a good look at this discussion.

http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Relational-Date-Filter-By-Other-Date-How-To/td-p/298373

That's great. Thanks for your help.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.