The user 1st selects the between calendar dates. This will interact with the FiscalDayOfYear Slicer. This slicer is typically hidden from the user as the user is more comfortable with calendar dates vs. having to search for exact fiscal days of the year. This SHOULD drive the interaction of the matrix along with the FiscalYear slicer.
What we have found is that the matrix displays the total unit count sold for the Fiscal Year selected but not for the FiscalDaysOfYear slicer. I have checked the interactions between visuals and they are all lined up properly.
My thought is that when the user selects the FiscalYear 2nd that it clears out the filter for the FiscalDayOfYear. However, I didn't think that visual interactions overrode each other.
I need the matrix to show the selected fiscal year plus the derived FiscalDayOfYear range.
Ok I tried this:
- Made the FiscalDayOfYear slicer filter the FiscalYear slicer. This works for the top value range. i.e. No units sold beyond 123 FiscalDayOfYear. However, it is still starting at the beginning FiscalDayOfYear = 1 vs. 42.
From your image, it seems that the FiscalDayOfYear slicer does not filter the matrix.
Have you checked if you disabled the interaction between the two visuals?
If it is convenient, could you share the dummy pbix file which can reproduce the issue, so that we can help further investigate on it? You can upload it to OneDrive and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploading.
Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
- Calendar Date slicer: This should be what the user enters. It is really just used to establish what are the fiscal day #s for that year. Interacts with FiscalDateofYear Slicer only.
- FiscalDayofYear: Should derive the fiscal day #s based on the calendar days entered. Interactions: Should filter the tables to return only the quantities invoiced for the Fiscal Days returned from the calendar day selection. This is not working.
- Fiscal Year Slicer (left side): This should establish the Fiscal year for the FiscalDays of Year to return total invoice qty.
- left Table: It should show the total invoice quantity for the items that were sold within the fiscal days derived from calendar dates and fiscal year selected by user. Calendar date should NOT filter the fiscal year slicer.
- Fiscal Year Slicer (right side): this is the fiscal year that the user wants to compare to the right fiscal year.
- Right table: It should show the total invoice quantity for the items that were sold in the same fiscal days derived from calendar date and the fiscal year selected by the user in the right fiscal year slicer.
The interactions that I have:
- CalendarDate filters FiscalDayofYear
- FiscalDayofYear should filter the two tables. (this is not working)
- Fiscal Year left should filter only the left table
- Fiscal Year right should filter only the right table
- Tables should not filter anything
And there are times when the fiscal year slicers get all messed up i.e. don't show all the fiscal years available to select from the Fiscal Date Table.
I thought it was the "Edit Interactions" functionality, but I'm not having any luck getting this to work. I feel like I have the interactions set up properly but they just don't seem to work.
Ideally, I would hide the FiscalDayofYear slicer as it isn't something the user will enter.
This is to provide a year to year comparison for the exact same fiscal day # of the year.