Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AerAstone
Frequent Visitor

Report layout not rendering when changes are published to workspace

I have this wierd issue, when publicing updates to an existing report, the layout (page background, new visuals, visual formats ) does not update. So i will see changes to measures and tables, but on the old layout. And if new visuals are added to the report page, they wil not show. 

It is like PowerBI is only publishing the datamodel, and not the report layout. 

If i rename the Pbix file and publish i will see the correct report. 

Anyone have an idea to fix this?

4 REPLIES 4
AerAstone
Frequent Visitor

Hi Stephen

Thank you for your reply. 

I am running latest version, also now tested with December 2020, and it is the same issue.

If I delete the dataset and republish i will get the new layout. But then I will have to delete the dataset every time i make changes. 

I did some further testing, and I cannot replicate this issue with a new PBIX file.

So, I think it must have something to do with the specific data model, which is old. (I have inherited this data model from a previous consultant)

A fix could be to replicate the data model into a new PBIX file, but that is time consuming. So, any other suggesting is welcome 🙂

v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AerAstone ,

Based on my test, after I republished the report, the report on the service was updated. 

I am unable to reproduce this issue on my side, please upgrade Power BI Desktop to the latest version and try again.

In your scenario, I would recommend you delete the dataset in Power BI Service, then publish your new Power BI Desktop report again.

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@AerAstone , Clear cache and try with old report.

Hi @amitchandak Thank you for you reply.

I have tried clearing all the chache in the pbix file, that did not help. 

Can I clear chache in workspace/datamodel?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.