Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dhakumar

Report from CSV

Hi 

I have an automation which generates daily CSV. The CSV is stored in a network location and overwritten.

I have created a Report from it. The CSV is refreshed daily, the report should refresh with latest data from the CSV. I had to do some formating on the CSV. How do I handle daily refresh on the CSV.

Or I have to dump the data from CSV to database and then generate the report on Top of the database to handle the use case

Thanks

Dharmbir

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ChristianDGreat
Resolver I
Resolver I

Since its in Local network you need a Gateway. You can easily search on how power bi gateway works and it will help you instantly. once you have your gateway installed you can now publish the report and set up its refresh time.

My recommendation is instead of putting this CSV file in local drive, I would put this in cloud instead. It can be in Teams/Sharepoint/OneDrive and etc. This will make your live easy so you will not worry about gateway and having a PC to host it.

Chris

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ChristianDGreat
Resolver I
Resolver I

Since its in Local network you need a Gateway. You can easily search on how power bi gateway works and it will help you instantly. once you have your gateway installed you can now publish the report and set up its refresh time.

My recommendation is instead of putting this CSV file in local drive, I would put this in cloud instead. It can be in Teams/Sharepoint/OneDrive and etc. This will make your live easy so you will not worry about gateway and having a PC to host it.

Chris

SpartaBI
Community Champion
Community Champion

@dhakumar 
I'm assuming you are referring to automatic refresh in the service cause PBIX can't refresh autoamtically.
Best thing to go through a DB (and better online so you won't need a gateway) but you can also connect to the folder of your csv, you just need to install a gateway on the machine where you have the csv file and add a data source to that folder in the gateway settings in the service.

2022-05-19 17_30_22-Re_ Need help on DAX function with measure vs colu... - Microsoft Power BI Commu.png

Showcase Report – Contoso By SpartaBI

Full-Logo11.png

SpartaBI_3-1652115470761.png   SpartaBI_1-1652115142093.png   SpartaBI_2-1652115154505.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.