Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

vikasmca05
Frequent Visitor

Report for Planned percentage vs Goal percentage

Hi,

I do have a table with Project name and multiple columns related to testing attributes in percentage. I want to plot graph agains the testing attribute as achieved in percentage against the Goal percentage (which is not in the table but just the goal to follow for all projects). How can i draw report in chart where i can show the percentage achieved vs the goal percentage against each project?

Also these columns has some unwanted values like null, not applciable, tbc etc.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @vikasmca05,

PFB the link for the pbix file

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ahd9tZ6Q55jya-aEQworKoKQXCU

If you are good with the solution, don't forgot accept as solution and give kudos for the same

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Thejeswar
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @vikasmca05,

If you say that your goal will be different for each of the projects, then you should definitely need a column with goal value for each project.

Otherwise, If you say that the Goal will be the same for all the projects, (i.e. It will be a constant value for all projects),  then you can add a new constant line that will act as your goal percentage value in your graph

Something like the one below

Green line is actual and Red in GoalGreen line is actual and Red in Goal

Hi,

Thanks for reply.

I do have constant goal for all project.

But i do have multiple project rows and each row has 3 different column for property of QA. Each QA property has fixed constant goal percentage.

Now I want to show the graph per partner against all three attributes. How can i create that report?

Also can you please let me know how you created above visual? (sorry if it very basic question, but it throws me an error that Analytics is not enabled for my visual type)

Hi @vikasmca05,

Can you share your table design with some sample data, so that it will be easy to help you out.?

For that Visual, I used simple line chart and used the 3rd option (Analytics). Nothing special with that

Project    Code Review   Peer Review   Defects

ID 1          100%              40%                  30%

ID 2          80%                35%                  10%

ID 3          85%                15%                  20%

ID 4         TBC

ID 5          N/A

ID 6          null

Code Review Goal - 100%

Peer Review Goal - 45%

Defects Goal - 25%

Now I want to create table per project to show the attributes and deviation.

Also some Project ID will have null data/TBC data/Not Applicable data which I want to filter out.

Thanks for help.

Is this what you mean?pic.PNG

First of all many thanks for reply.

I would like to keep individual graph per project. And show the goal only.

i.e. 1 table to show only this data -

Project    Code Review   Peer Review   Defects

ID 1          100%              40%                  30%

And goal can be single line.

Also please send me the steps to create the report. (including how to remove Null / unwanted values from the rows)

Thanks,

/vikas

Hi,

I am not very clear with what you need.

I understand that you need a table for each project and goals as constant line. But It is that you cannot use constant lines with tables. Constant lines can be used with selective visuals only

But the challenge I see with this is it will be a highly manual activity. If you are fine with it, below is the dashboard

So I used a Clustered bar chart to show this as given below

Separate Report for each projectSeparate Report for each project

For Filtering out the nulls/blanks/ texts in the review% values, you can should filter them in the Power Query and to make each graph specific for a project, use the visual filter of that visual

Visual Filter on ProjectVisual Filter on Project

for Constant Lines, Do the following

Constant line detailsConstant line details

Alternatively, having all the projects in the same graph is a better approach, which would look like as follows

dash3.PNG

Atleast you can avoid creating a separate graph whenever a new project gets added

Thanks. I think you are right. I will show all in one graph.

Can you please send me your test pbix file?

Hi @vikasmca05,

PFB the link for the pbix file

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ahd9tZ6Q55jya-aEQworKoKQXCU

If you are good with the solution, don't forgot accept as solution and give kudos for the same

Thanks for sending details. You have been very helpful.

I will let you know, if I have any more question.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.