Accepted Solution

Report filters on separate page

Hi,

I'm making different analyses from same data. I've made a separate page for each property .
I believe at this moment that for an end-user its easier to make a choice in a slicer in a page than look next to the page and make the selection. So many of my pages shows a lot of slicers.

At this moment I see that at most pages i've made the same slicers. So it would be very usefull to define those slices as report filters (not as page-filters).

Is there a possibility to make a page, add all the report filters as a slicer on that 'selection page' and apply those filters on all the pages?

Thanks in advance for any suggestion!

Accepted Solutions
Super User

Re: Report filters on separate page

I do not believe that functionality exists outside of "Report" level filters, which, as you've stated, aren't as user friendly as slicers. It would make a very good Idea though if it is not already out there.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!

View solution in original post

@eddydm

Thanks for your feedback.

There's no report level slicer yet. So far the only approach can be the report level fitler.

There's already an idea:Allows Slicers to apply to all Pages of a Report, you can vote it up. Meanwhile we will report this internally and our engineer would evaluate it.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Super User

I do not believe that functionality exists outside of "Report" level filters, which, as you've stated, aren't as user friendly as slicers. It would make a very good Idea though if it is not already out there.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!

@eddydm

Thanks for your feedback.

There's no report level slicer yet. So far the only approach can be the report level fitler.

There's already an idea:Allows Slicers to apply to all Pages of a Report, you can vote it up. Meanwhile we will report this internally and our engineer would evaluate it.

Frequent Visitor

Hi eddydm,

At this moment,the slicers which you put on a page acts as page level filters.There visibility is restricted to page.Hence report level filters cannot act as slicers of a page

thanks and regards,

k.surya

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

how can this be marked "solved" when the link for the solution points to an idea that's been submitted.... not a real solve?

Indeed, not a real solution, but my question is answered: "At this moment, it is not possible." So I don't have to look or search further.

The only thing I can do is hope that the idea is accepted and become (soon) available in an update of the power bi solution.