Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Milan6687
Helper II
Helper II

Report builder out of range error in parameters

Hi,

I'm building a paginated report on Power BI Report builder using a Dataset from Power Bi Report service as my data source. When I select the values for parameters it throws me the following error:

Specified argument was out of the range of valid values. Parameter name: parameterName

As standalone parameter it works but if  I add any other parameter it gives the out of range of valid values message.

Any idea how to fix it.

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I finally able to find the issue. I think it's a bug but one can easliy fix it mannualy. 

Issue: Getting out of range of valid values for multi-select parameters in report builder.

Reason: Power Builder not updating the correct parameter name in queries.

Solution: Manually update the queries whereever the paramter name is used mainly in main query and quries for paramters.

Regards,

Milan

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Milan6687 ,

When you select multiple parameters, the selected values exist in the form of a list. Try using an IN clause like max (xxx) in values (xxx).

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

Where to put IN clause in filter section or in parameter ?

Thanks,

I finally able to find the issue. I think it's a bug but one can easliy fix it mannualy. 

Issue: Getting out of range of valid values for multi-select parameters in report builder.

Reason: Power Builder not updating the correct parameter name in queries.

Solution: Manually update the queries whereever the paramter name is used mainly in main query and quries for paramters.

Regards,

Milan

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.