Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Report Tooltips and Filters

Hello,

I am wondering if it is possible to have visuals inside a report tooltip with different filter ranges compared to the visual that the tooltip is being called on. 

For example, I am using a simple bar chart that shows revenue by client for the previous day. When hovering over a client's bar I would like to have a simple report tooltip with a chart showing the 6 month trend of revenue for that client. My problem is that no matter what filters I set inside the report tooltip visuals, they are always overridden by filters affecting the main visual. Therefore instead of showing the previous six months as the filter on the report tooltip is set, it tries to show just the previous day, which is the filter on the main visual.

I tried using slicers shared across both the report page and the report tooltip page, and then editing the interactions so that the slicer driving the main visual would not filter the chart in the report tooltip. This works until you actually "call" the report tooltip by hovering in the main visual. At that point the filter on the main visual again overrides the filter on the tooltip.

To summarize in other words, I want the filters on the report tooltip to be independent of filters on the main visual that the report tooltip is activated on.

Any ideas on how to get this working? It seems like it should be possible.

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous ,

You can disable the Keep all filters option in Tooltip page, or you can create a measure with ALL() function to control filter, there is a similar thread for your reference.

1.PNG

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous ,

You can disable the Keep all filters option in Tooltip page, or you can create a measure with ALL() function to control filter, there is a similar thread for your reference.

1.PNG

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I turned off "Keep all filters".
Then I added my fields to "Drag tooltips fields here".

But none of the fields are getting filtered in my tool tip. The tool tip is showing for all.

Please help me ASAP.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! This is what I needed.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.