Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Report Tooltip scroll Issue

Hi All,

I have created a tooltip page and used the report tooltip in the dashboard . The problem is, when there are more rows in the tooltip, it is showing a scroll bar. But I am not able to select the tooltip and scroll down to see all the values from the table. As I tried to increase the height of the tooltip, but even then there are a lot of rows that are not listed in the tooltip when looking from the table.

Any suggestions to select a tooltip scrollbar??

Tooltip.png

8 REPLIES 8
SingerBI

Hi,

I'm also having the same issue with not being able to freeze the tooltip screen to view or scroll data in the tooltip where resizing or drilling through is not applicable. A humble suggestion for @MicrosoftLC is to enable the functionality to use a tooltip to visualize data with a scrolling ability and freezing ability to make this platform more user-friendly.

markpa

Still an issue. My scenario is a table with a column that has a lot of text.
Don't want to display all of it as it makes the rows too deep reducing the no. of rows displayed. So an abbreviated version is in the table and I want the tooltip to show all the information. 
Ideally I'd like to restrict the report tooltip to only a single column, but I can live with that.
But having a tooltip where I can't see all the information is ridiculous. It shows the vertical scroll bar, but I can't get there.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , you have size/height option on the report tooltip page. You can make it bigger

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Amit,

Thanks for the reply and the suggestion of report tooltip, but I have a long list of items, then how can I increase the size/height of report tooltip page, please suggest any other solution for scroll down in tooltip.

Thanks

hi  @Anonymous 

To my knowledge, you could not scroll the visual in the page tooltip in power bi for now.

There are two workaround for you refer to:

1. Don't set page size for page tooltip is "Tooltip", and increase the height of the that visual to make it could show all the value.

2. Use drill through function instead of page tooltip.

Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
nandukrishnavs
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous 

Since you want to show a lot of information, I would recommend you to implement a drill-through. So that you will have a separate page with full information.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Appreciate with a kudos
🙂

Regards,
Nandu Krishna

Anonymous
Not applicable

@nandukrishnavs 

It is the issue of the tooltip, we cannot use drill through.

When I hover over the line chart then I have used the Report Tooltip page to show the Tooltip. So please suggest the another solution to scroll down the tooltip.

Thanks

Hi @Anonymous - I was suggesting to use drill-through instead of Report page tooltip. We can't scroll down the report page tooltip. If you increase the height of tooltip page, it may cover your existing page. You can decide based on the preference-

1. increasing the size of tooltip page
  2. implement drill-through.

Regards,
Nandu Krishna

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.