Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Report Theme

Hello,

We allow people to push to a premeire space in our organization for testing purposes. We don't want them pushing to our 'production' space because they may make errors in their visuals which would then provide incorrect information to executives. Or have a different look and feel than the 'standard' Power BI dashboards and reports. 

As I understand it, people can put their own themes into the report. I was wondering if there was a way that we could have a default theme in the space which would override whatever theme they have used? This is especially important so that anyone looking at something from the testing site would quickly know that it was not from the 'official' site.

I understand that we could enforce that no one can push to the space except through us, but that seems a bit excessive and stifle innovation as some things cannot be successfuly proven outside of the premiere space. 

4 REPLIES 4
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous ,

I have a little confused about your requirement.

Do you want to customize your own report theme in power bi desktop?

If so, you could refer to this official document.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Let me try this a different way.

When using Power BI, we can create and import our own theme into the report. Piece of cake. Now this person changes that theme themselves and uploads their report to the server. Since it appears that the theme sits in report there isn't a way to enforce a corporate theme once it is pushed to our corporate space from a user.

The question is this - is there a way to enforce any elements? or is it just we need to monitor every PBIX imported to our corporate space? I'm thinking not, other then intercepting each file and making those changes ourselves.

Thanks

Hi @Anonymous ,

Is the our corporate space your mentioned the app workspace in Power BI Service?

If so, does the user download the report as pbix and change the theam, then reupload the report in the appworkspace?

Which app workspace do you use? New app workspace or the classic app workspace? 

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

They will download it once, but there is nothing stopping them from changing it and uploading the file again. I know we could monitor any changed PBIX and run some script to reapply our theme, however, we just want to adjust the wallpaper.

I'll check with the Power BI Admin to find out the answer to the other question. But I believe it may be your corporate space as the URL starts with app.powerbi.com.

Note: The goal is to make sure that if a report/dashboard is provided to executives that they know it's not the production instance where we do more rigorous validation of the information provided. So if I'm making this too difficult and there is a simple solution I'm all for it.

Thanks for the assist.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.