Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JMSNYC
Helper III
Helper III

Report Tabs Disappearing in Power BI Embedded

Hi. I have another issue with my PowerBI file that I export as Embedded reports in my App: On my PBI Desktop file and in PowerBI Service, I can see the different tabs for 4 pages of reports : https://gyazo.com/bd5c3363addc5e7de6f4e36324990d65 ... but once I embed the file into my App via the report address the tabs don't show up anymore. https://gyazo.com/254045c7b7281777ece1aa69acc8254c How can I make them appear in my App ? Thanks
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Thanks Xiaoxin again.

I still did not see the page number in the embedded display of my report, but exploring further this topic

... and for the benefit of the community ...

... I used bookmarkl/slicer features that helped me recreate the navigation pages.

Best.

JM

View solution in original post

you may want to do a find in your project for:

<div id="reportContainer"></div>

or 

var embedContainer = $('#reportContainer')[0];

If you are having trouble finding where the embeded report is instantiated then trying running a find on some of the config object keys like: accessToken, embedUrl, pageView, tokenType

also you can take a look at the embed playground, maybe the person who implemented it followed the examples here: https://microsoft.github.io/PowerBI-JavaScript/demo/v2-demo/index.html

What you are looking for is the place where a new embed object is created:

var report = powerbi.embed(embedContainer, config);

The 2nd parameter is the config settings which my first post referenced. This object is where you can turn on/off the report tabs - navContentPaneEnabled: true

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JMSNYC,

It seems like you are use 'publish to web' feature to share your report.(this not means power bi embed)

What is Power BI Embedded in Azure?

For publish to web feature, it and will convert tabs to page number.

4.PNG

BTW, for power bi embedded, it support report tabs.

Microsoft Power BI Embedded Playground Sample

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hello @v-shex-msft,

I am also facing the same issue and I don't want to use Bookmarks feature. Do you have any instructions that I can follow to achieve the requirement?

Any help would be great.

If you are using the javascript api you can acheive this by adding the following setting:

navContentPaneEnabled: true

config object looks like this:

var config= {
  type: 'report',
  tokenType: 1,
  accessToken: token,
  embedUrl: url,
  id: reportId,
  permissions: 7,
  settings: {
    filterPaneEnabled: filtersEnabled,
    navContentPaneEnabled: true,
    background: 1
  }
};

Hi.

Thank you for your guidance.

Could you please guide me on where I should embed this code? Someone set-up the Embedded feature for me. Hence, I don't know where to find this javascript

BR

you may want to do a find in your project for:

<div id="reportContainer"></div>

or 

var embedContainer = $('#reportContainer')[0];

If you are having trouble finding where the embeded report is instantiated then trying running a find on some of the config object keys like: accessToken, embedUrl, pageView, tokenType

also you can take a look at the embed playground, maybe the person who implemented it followed the examples here: https://microsoft.github.io/PowerBI-JavaScript/demo/v2-demo/index.html

What you are looking for is the place where a new embed object is created:

var report = powerbi.embed(embedContainer, config);

The 2nd parameter is the config settings which my first post referenced. This object is where you can turn on/off the report tabs - navContentPaneEnabled: true

You are a genius !! This works beautifully. Thank you so much. 

Thanks Xiaoxin again.

I still did not see the page number in the embedded display of my report, but exploring further this topic

... and for the benefit of the community ...

... I used bookmarkl/slicer features that helped me recreate the navigation pages.

Best.

JM

Hi Xiaoxin.

Thank you for your answer.

I am NOT using the 'publish to web" feature, but I am actually using PowerBI Embedded.

I still dont see how PowerBI Embedded supports report tabs. Neither tabs nor page numbers show up at the bottom of my embedded view.

Could you please further help?

Thanks,

JM

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors