cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gurrato Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Report Page Tooltips - Hover over grouped Matrix Rows

Hi,

I have a problem with the Report Page Tooltips that I dont seem to understand why its not working. If i have a Matrix Visual where i group row names the report page tooltip does not activate. It works fine when moving over the values and if i change to normal table and hover over a single name. 

Basic example:

Table
Color Value
Blue    12
Blue    12

- If i hover over Color and Value it works fine

Matrix
Color Value
Blue    24

- If i hover over Color the tooltip does not activate. If i hover Value it does activate.

Is this something that does not work at the moment and will be fixed or am i doing something wrong? Is it the group by in the Matrix the Power Bi cant handle?
Does anyone else experience the same thing?

Best regards,
Gustav

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Report Page Tooltips - Hover over grouped Matrix Rows

hi, @gurrato

It works for the row data.

for example:

in the table visual

when you hover over Color or Value it works fine, It picks the current row, Even if there are other column attributes.

but in the matrix visual

when you just hover over Color or other attribute, it would return all the value of Color you hover over, so it needs to 

hover on the attribute on the column, and when you hover Value it does activate.

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

hi, @gurrato

It works for the row data.

for example:

in the table visual

when you hover over Color or Value it works fine, It picks the current row, Even if there are other column attributes.

but in the matrix visual

when you just hover over Color or other attribute, it would return all the value of Color you hover over, so it needs to 

hover on the attribute on the column, and when you hover Value it does activate.

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Vishnoo Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

I also have the same issue. How to make the Tooltip working on the Grouped Matrix Rows?

I have a matrix which gives the total sales and percentage of sales for 5 years for products. I added a tooltip which shows the Sales Trend for 5 years. When i hover on product it doesnt work. But when i hover on value, it shows but it doesnt show trend line because the data is filtered only to that value. 

Changin the visual to a Table does works fine, but i want this to work with Matrix.

Helpful resources

Announcements
GregDeckler

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly

Power BI Super User, Greg Deckler, explains

Summit North America

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Back to School Contest

Back to School Contest

Engage and empower students with Power BI!

MBAS Gallery

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Top Ideas
Users Online
Currently online: 44 members 1,107 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: