Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

JanaM
Regular Visitor

Report Page Tool Tips Slow to Load

I love this new feature - Report Page Tooltips!  I'm having some difficulty though.  I've created 3 tooltip pages, each a simple stacked bar chart presenting different measures for different visuals.  They were working fine - love it - then something changed and now they don't work.  I hover over the visual and the tooltip comes up, but is blurry and displays a note "Loading Report Page Tooltip" - ok, but the loading never ends.  It just keeps turning and turning.  Any clue as to what I have done wrong here?

8 REPLIES 8
aenstrom
Frequent Visitor

Same problem for me. Suddenly the tooltips just stops working..never goes past the "Loading report page tooltip"-screen

We are  not having too much luck with this. It is slow to load So we  have removed tool tips for the time being. It is a very powerful option , but we will wait until it is fully functional.  

I have had a similar problem, this is what I did to sort it out.

Problem: when you create a tool tip and it loads fast and then all of a sudden loads really slow or does not load at all.

The solution: Create a new page (Not as a tool tip), then link all slicers that you need to the page that you need (Visible or not visible. then add you charts etc.. then make it a tool tip page. this should sort out the problem of the no or slow loads. 

Joe
Advocate II
Advocate II

I am having the same issue. Very slow . thanks

lburgess
Helper II
Helper II

I am having the same issue.  Love the functionality in the desktop but the implementation in the PBI service is less than wonderful.

Now it's suddenly working... Go figure!

It looks like this is still a preview and not available on the service yet.  That's what broke mine - when I uploaded to the service.  I just checked again and mine are working now too!  Fabulous!

Well, it looks as though there are still some issues with this.  The performance is spotty at best, Not working again today - just the message "loading report page tooltip".  Great functionality when it works...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.