cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EJones Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Report Level Measure vs. Creating the Measure in the Tabular Model - Performance Difference?

When using a live connection to an SSAS tabular model, what sort of performance difference (if any) would there be between creating a report level measure and using a measure created within the tabular model itself?  This is assuming that the DAX is identical between the two, of course.  

I've created a report level measure using ALL to remove a particular filter in a drillthrough, and the performance is pretty terrible compared to any other measure in the model.  I'm just trying to determine whether this would be improved if I created the same measure in the model.  I would test this myself, but this particular model takes about 4 hours to process and must be completed by first doing a Process Clear due to memory limitations on the VM, and we have multiple people actively using this cube, so I can't bring it down at the moment.  

1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Report Level Measure vs. Creating the Measure in the Tabular Model - Performance Difference?

@EJones,

You may take a look at the following post.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Report-Server/Performance-differences-measures-on-SSAS-vs-measures-...

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.