Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Report Level Filtering based on a condition based of two columns

Hello 

I have columns like WareHouse, Plant, Storage Type, Storage Bin in one table and i built report on top of this table with a slicer on warehouse.

The filtering requirement is as below -

If warehouse selected is not null, then Storage type should be filtered to 100

If warehouse is null, then no filtering on storage type and should get records for all storage types.

How can I achieve this. Any ideas pls.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

I created a flag with the logic I need. then added that flag to the report level filters. It worked. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

I created a flag with the logic I need. then added that flag to the report level filters. It worked. 

Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello 

I have columns like WareHouse, Plant, Storage Type, Storage Bin in one table and i built report on top of this table with a slicer on warehouse.

The filtering requirement is as below -

If warehouse selected is not null, then Storage type should be filtered to 100

If warehouse is null, then no filtering on storage type and should get records for all storage types.

How can I achieve this. Any ideas pls.

@Anonymous

Could you post any sample data? It sounds that you can achieve the goal with some tricky measure composed with ISFILTED, ALLEXCEPT etc.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.