Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

lrockwell
Frequent Visitor

Report Filter

I am trying to filter all of a report by a Site Name. then within the report i will utilize Asset Numbers for that site to chart various things. I create a filter under the Report filter and check the Site Name I want to filter. Then add the chart and then add the Asset Number as a slicer to be able to choose which of the 75+ machines for a given site i want to show data for, but it is not limiting the asset numbers it to that site only.. it is still grabbing Asset Numbers from all 12 Sites. What am i doing wrong. 

6 REPLIES 6
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @lrockwell,

Please elaborate your scenario with some detailed data and examples. According to current description, it's not very clear about  what your report looks like and what you want to achieve.

Best regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

1.PNG2.PNG

I have a report that I am trying to take the volume added of a chemical (by asset number) and calculate the costs of the chemical by the volume added. I have been unable to make the connection between the two. Often times there are more than one chemical used on a single asset so somehow i have to tell it which chemical cost to relate to that volume added. Any help is appreciated. 

Hi @lrockwell,

You want to distinguish chemical cost between multiple types of chemical because of the multi-selected values from a slicer, right?

What if adding the asset number into legend section of the chart visual?

Regards,
Yuliana Gu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

There are upwards of 140 + machines in each location. we are needing to select whichever machine and see the costs for each on a seperate tab as well as by area or groups of machines

Hi @lrockwell,

Do you want to show data of each location(site name) on each tab (report page)? Unfortunately, this cannot be achieved automatically. You should create same report on multiple tabs(pages) and add site name into page level filter. Then select different site name for each page.

If what I mentioned above is not your requirement, do you mean you want to show the Site Name/Asset Number which has been selected currrent on report body to tell users which chemical cost to relate to that volume added? If so, you could create a measure like below, and add this measure in a card visual:

Asset Number selected=Max(Table_name[Asset Number])

Regards,
Yuliana Gu

KHorseman
Community Champion
Community Champion

Without knowing anything about how your data is structured, it's hard to say.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.