Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

petersi
Helper II
Helper II

Report Filter on specific Values not dataset values

I have a report, and there is a field that I am filtering on. The field has two values

• true
  • false

I am seeing that when applying the filter if the field in the dataset the filter is applied to does not have a value then it is not able to filter across. This makes sense since the filtering is based on the values in the associated field. What i would like to know is how can I configure a filter but specify the values of the filter instead of having it use the dataset field values.

for example

data set

field 1   field 2

true      john

true     doe

- want to apply a filter to Field 1 of the above data set (i.e want to filter on field 1) - but I'd like the filter to be setup to have true and false in the selection - and not just true as would result because the dataset has no false values in field 1.

Peter

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @petersi,

In this scenario, you may need to add a new table with a single column which contains values TRUE and FALSE, and create a relationship between your source table and the new created table. Then you should be able to use the column in the new created table as a Slicer to filter your source table. Smiley Happy

t1.PNGrelation1.PNGr1.PNG

Regards

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @petersi,

In this scenario, you may need to add a new table with a single column which contains values TRUE and FALSE, and create a relationship between your source table and the new created table. Then you should be able to use the column in the new created table as a Slicer to filter your source table. Smiley Happy

t1.PNGrelation1.PNGr1.PNG

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.