Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Report Edit Access in Service

Hello All,

I have a requirment like- when i publish the report in service, my set of end users should be able to edit few pages, but their edits should not be saved(report should be in default view when other user opens it)

Reason why i need this is- my end user needs dynamic column functionality where he can bring the column into matrix dynamically. As i cant achieve that easily , i want user to edit report in new page(here all measures will be loaded by me, he just need to drag columns into rows attribute) and drag needed columns. But this edits should not be saved finally.

4 REPLIES 4
Anmolgan
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

@Anonymous  Not sure what you are trying to achive here, but if you want the user to give the access to report to edit then he needs to save that report and you cannot limit this access, in this case that user can create a dupicate of the report and can simple drag drop the column as required.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anmolgan can we duplicate the report in service

Hi @Anonymous ,

Is the edited report your original report?

In other words, you and your end users are in the same workspace and both have editing permissions?

Maybe you use another sharing way:

Ways to share your work in Power BI 

And can this feature help you?

Let your users copy the reports from your apps and save the reports to their own workspaces.

Copy reports from other workspaces 

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@Anonymous Yeah you can save a copy of that report with some other name like _Test or something.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.