Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MarkSL
Helper V
Helper V

Report Contracted Hours split by Date

Hi all,

I am struggling somewhat with a data model which I have tried to simplify for this query.

2 DIM Tables:

Employees - 1 record per employee

EmployeeID - Unique ID

SiteKey - Code of where they work

Employee Name

Weekly Hours - Their contracted hours per week (eg: 40, 20 etc)

Resigned Date - The date they left the company if no longer employed.

Sites - 1 record per Site

SiteKey

Site - Desciption of the location

2 FACT tables:

Absence

EmployeeID

AbsenceDate

AbsenceType (Holiday or Sick)

AbsenceHours

Sickness

EmployeeID

SicknessDate

SicknessHours

So far I have related the above 4 tables and also included a Date table, joining to Absense and Sickness on Date.  I can therefore plot a chart showing Sickness and Absence by Date and also filter by Employee or Site.

Bits I am struggling with!

1, I need to report the number of hours assumed worked by Date, based on each employees WeeklyHours.  We are happy to divide their weekly hours by 5 to get a Daily Hours measure.  However this should only be reported against Monday to Fridays and ignoring Saturdays and Sundays.  As WeeklyHours are only stored in my Employee DIM table, I need to find a way to relate this with Date.  

2, I have added a slicer on Absence Type, so we can just look at Holidays, however dates with Sickness and no holidays remain, as Absence isn't related with Sickness.  How can I get around this?

3, The last issue I have spotted (for now!) is that I also need to stop an Employee's Daily Hours (point 1), from the date which they might have left the company (Resigned Date).

I have uploaded my simplified and non formatted pbix to Dropbox.  Any help greatly appreciated!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nmdo7th669jkfpg/Report%20Contracted%20Hours%20Split%20by%20Date.pbix?dl=0

Mark

2 REPLIES 2
v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @MarkSL ,

Could you have tried with the filters? For example, you could use the page filters for your DayOfWeekNumber with below condition:

1.PNG

It will filter all data without sunday and saturday for your page.

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @MarkSL ,

Could you have tried with the filters? For example, you could use the page filters for your DayOfWeekNumber with below condition:

1.PNG

It will filter all data without sunday and saturday for your page.

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.