Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
krishna0
Helper II
Helper II

Report Builder - Table or multiple tables to show data on whole page

Hello!

I have a little struggle with the feature of Paginated Report, that is the table. The desired view is something like this:

krishna0_0-1652951886503.png

It is a setup of categories with assigned answers to them represented by background colour. The crucial thing is that it should go to the next column when the page ends. So far I managed to do something like this:

krishna0_1-1652952404776.png

And in Design mode it looks like this:

krishna0_2-1652952610184.png

Basically - this is good. The background of the second column is the indicator of the answer. I do not have sufficient data yet to test how it rolls when it reaches the end of the page, but I suspect that it will break to another page - which I would like to avoid and point it to the next column.

I have a limited number of options, let's say 32, so I'd need four columns 8 rows each. I was thinking about counting rows in this table, creating three additional and allowing only ranges of 1-8, 9-16 etc. but maybe there is a faster and easier solution? Also, I am thinking about how to check row position? I know there is RowCount() but I think it works for the dataset - how to limit it to only the table?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Eyelyn9
Community Support
Community Support
krishna0
Helper II
Helper II

Has anyone had a somewhat similar issue? Or at least maybe could help with counting rows of the table/this dataset?

Helpful resources

Announcements
September Update

Check it Out!

Click here to learn more about the September 2022 updates!

Power BI Dev Camp Session 26

New Date - Check it Out!

Mark your calendars and join us on Thursday, October 6 at 11a PDT for a great session with Ted Pattison!

Top Solution Authors