Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

krishna0
Helper II
Helper II

Report Builder - Table or multiple tables to show data on whole page

Hello!

I have a little struggle with the feature of Paginated Report, that is the table. The desired view is something like this:

krishna0_0-1652951886503.png

It is a setup of categories with assigned answers to them represented by background colour. The crucial thing is that it should go to the next column when the page ends. So far I managed to do something like this:

krishna0_1-1652952404776.png

And in Design mode it looks like this:

krishna0_2-1652952610184.png

Basically - this is good. The background of the second column is the indicator of the answer. I do not have sufficient data yet to test how it rolls when it reaches the end of the page, but I suspect that it will break to another page - which I would like to avoid and point it to the next column.

I have a limited number of options, let's say 32, so I'd need four columns 8 rows each. I was thinking about counting rows in this table, creating three additional and allowing only ranges of 1-8, 9-16 etc. but maybe there is a faster and easier solution? Also, I am thinking about how to check row position? I know there is RowCount() but I think it works for the dataset - how to limit it to only the table?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
krishna0
Helper II
Helper II

Has anyone had a somewhat similar issue? Or at least maybe could help with counting rows of the table/this dataset?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.