Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SivaMani
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Report Builder - No DAX Query design mode

Hi All,

I'm unable to run/edit reports which are using DAX queries. I don't have any option to switch MDX to DAX in Query Designer.

Please do assist me!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi SivaMani,

In Report Builder, I could switch MDX to DAX,  but it will lost the content when transform, so you need to write DAX query manually.

464.PNG

You said that you can't run and edit the report which write with DAX, what error did you get? What is your report builder version(Please note that the ability to use the query designer for DAX is limited to SSAS tabular data sources built in 2016+ only.)? You could refer to Query designer support for DAX now available in Report Builder and SQL Server Data Tools  for details.

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi SivaMani,

In Report Builder, I could switch MDX to DAX,  but it will lost the content when transform, so you need to write DAX query manually.

464.PNG

You said that you can't run and edit the report which write with DAX, what error did you get? What is your report builder version(Please note that the ability to use the query designer for DAX is limited to SSAS tabular data sources built in 2016+ only.)? You could refer to Query designer support for DAX now available in Report Builder and SQL Server Data Tools  for details.

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.