Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

rsimcoe
Helper I
Helper I

Report Background Design

Hello,

I have been using powerpoint 2010 to design the backgrounds for my reports in Power BI. Typically I create all of my reports as 16:9 in Power BI and I also setup my powerpoints to be a custom size as 16:9.  I have noticed though when I do this the grids in powerpoint do not line up with Power BI and my powerpoint background tends to take many revisions until it actually fits in Power BI.

I know that using powerpoint as a way to design backgrounds was suggested in a webinar so I was wondering if anybody else uses powerpoint and has any tips on designing backgrounds. 

Thanks for any feeback!

-Robert

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rsimcoe,

Do you mean you create a PowerPoint slide and save it as the image, use it as report Page Background like below?

q4.PNG

If that is a case, we can change Image fit to place the image in a proper way.

q5.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rsimcoe,

Do you mean you create a PowerPoint slide and save it as the image, use it as report Page Background like below?

q4.PNG

If that is a case, we can change Image fit to place the image in a proper way.

q5.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you so much! Not sure why I did not see this before!

-Robert

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.