cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chloechen88 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Replicating Tableau's Bar Chart in Power BI

Hello,

Is it possible to replicate the 2 charts below, specifically the bar chart without creating a chart for each year?  I'm relatively new to Power BI and after seeing many Tableau Vizes with this functionality I'd like to replicate this in Power BI. Thanks in advance.

BarChartSample2.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
v-cherch-msft Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Replicating Tableau's Bar Chart in Power BI

Hi @chloechen88 

You may use Expend Hierarchy in the chart.Then add some measures and use them in card visual or line charts.In power bi,you may create several visuals to achieve your requirement.For further,please refer to attachment.

1.png

Regards,

Cherie

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
chloechen88 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Replicating Tableau's Bar Chart in Power BI

Cherie thanks for replying but this isn't replicating the chart. My question is if this could be done using only 1 chart not several. The great thing about the Tableau viz is it was created using only 1 bar chart and was able to segregate the years (ie the vertical grid lines to separate the years).

Helpful resources

Announcements
Can You Solve These Challenge

Challenge: Can You Solve These?

Find out how to participate in the first Power BI 'Can You Solve These?' challenge.

Community News & Announcements

Community News & Announcements

Get your latest community news and announcements.

Virtual Launch Event

Microsoft Business Applications October Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

Community Kudopalooza

Win Power BI Swag with Community Kudopalooza!

Each week, complete activities and be qualified in the drawing for cool Power BI Swag.

Users Online
Currently online: 164 members 2,241 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: