Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Replicating Tableau's Bar Chart in Power BI

Hello,

Is it possible to replicate the 2 charts below, specifically the bar chart without creating a chart for each year?  I'm relatively new to Power BI and after seeing many Tableau Vizes with this functionality I'd like to replicate this in Power BI. Thanks in advance.

BarChartSample2.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
v-cherch-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous 

You may use Expend Hierarchy in the chart.Then add some measures and use them in card visual or line charts.In power bi,you may create several visuals to achieve your requirement.For further,please refer to attachment.

1.png

Regards,

Cherie

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cherie thanks for replying but this isn't replicating the chart. My question is if this could be done using only 1 chart not several. The great thing about the Tableau viz is it was created using only 1 bar chart and was able to segregate the years (ie the vertical grid lines to separate the years).

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.