Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

bolabuga
Helper V
Helper V

Replacing just 1 value in a table.

Capturar.PNG

Hello, 

I have on this table a loooootttsss of "zero" values on the column "consumo", and i need to replace just that one on the screenshot for "8770". im not managing to do that, when i use the replace option, its changing all the zeros on my consumo column to "8770".

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
BraneyBI
Kudo Commander
Kudo Commander

This can easily be done in M.  In your query, add a custom column which looks for both the zero and an ID which identifies the row.

consumo_New = if ( [ID] = "whatever id" and [consumo] = "0" ) then "8770" else [consumo]

Remove the original [consumo] column and rename [consumo_New] to [consumo]

Later, you can update this column for any additonal updates you need to make

View solution in original post

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @bolabuga,

BraneyBI’s solution seems great, you can also use dax formula to replace the specify value(need a unique value to find the specify record):

For example( assume HIDRO is the unique value column):

Table = SELECTCOLUMNS(Sheet1,"Column1",[column1],"consumo",if(AND([HIDRO]=”Y09F266296”,[consumo]=0),8770,[consumo]),"Column2",[column2], "Column3",[column3],…)

Reference:

SELECTCOLUMNS Function (DAX)

Notice: dax query can’t replace current table’s value, you can create a new table to store these values.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
quyenduong
Helper I
Helper I

Hi everyone,

I have the data as follows but I need to replace the first row in the column COB to become value "COB" because I need to promote the first row as Header. 

quyenduong_0-1706544381687.png

This value "28.02.2024" can be changed all the times depending on the report time extraction. However, if I right click on this column and replace values, it will change all of values 28.02.2024 but I only need to change the first row only. 

I google but cannot find any solution, does anyone know?

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @bolabuga,

BraneyBI’s solution seems great, you can also use dax formula to replace the specify value(need a unique value to find the specify record):

For example( assume HIDRO is the unique value column):

Table = SELECTCOLUMNS(Sheet1,"Column1",[column1],"consumo",if(AND([HIDRO]=”Y09F266296”,[consumo]=0),8770,[consumo]),"Column2",[column2], "Column3",[column3],…)

Reference:

SELECTCOLUMNS Function (DAX)

Notice: dax query can’t replace current table’s value, you can create a new table to store these values.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Thks to both Braney and Xiao, im not being able to work these recent days on PBI, will get back ASAP. 

BraneyBI
Kudo Commander
Kudo Commander

This can easily be done in M.  In your query, add a custom column which looks for both the zero and an ID which identifies the row.

consumo_New = if ( [ID] = "whatever id" and [consumo] = "0" ) then "8770" else [consumo]

Remove the original [consumo] column and rename [consumo_New] to [consumo]

Later, you can update this column for any additonal updates you need to make

Hi @BraneyBI

Even after doing as advised my value is still not getting replaced! (even after adding the custom column)

What could possibly be the reason ? 

@FathimaMoideen

It should work, if the combination of just 2 filters will find the "1 result" you want to replace.

In my case, [the id of a specific client] where [consumo] was equals to zero, found the right value to replace on the entire table, however that could not be the case for you.

If that is your problem, you should look which combination of filters (results on your table) will find just that specific result you want to change the value, maybe a specific date/month/year.

for example:

NEW_COLUMN = If( [ID] = "whatever id" and [year] = "whatever year" and [consumo] = 0 then "your_value" else [consumo])

Hi @bolabuga

Thanks for the Explanation 🙂

However it also worked when i tried with Conditional Column.

Braney i had time to test it today, and it worked pretty well, im posting the result for future references.

Sem título.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.