Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Replacing date field with another date

So I have this table:

1.PNG

Is there any way that for companies that have a company set of 'Term' to have their 'end date' replaced with their 'lastChange' date? We have some bad data and a lot of companies are termed but for some reason have a future end date. We would like to use the lastChange field in place of since that date is most likely the date they actually termed. This seems tricky because for the companies that don't have a 'Term' company set, we would like to continue using the actual end date populated for them. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jthomson
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

The easiest way to do this would be to create a new column that looks at your companyset field and then pulls through lastchange if it's Term or enddate otherwise, i.e. an if statement. Actually replacing the data in the existing field is a bit more convoluted

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
jthomson
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

The easiest way to do this would be to create a new column that looks at your companyset field and then pulls through lastchange if it's Term or enddate otherwise, i.e. an if statement. Actually replacing the data in the existing field is a bit more convoluted

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.